17.8.13

FREYA ~ Deco Ashlee Half-Cup Sorbet 30E


When I saw pictures of this bra, I immediately knew I had to have it. Problem: I always fall in love with older models and it's hell to find my size. And as a matter of fact, I wasn't able to find a 28F. I had to content myself with its sister size, the 30E. Something I've sworn to myself I wouldn't do again.


~ * ~


The first thing I learned about the Ashlee was that the promotional shots do not represent its color faithfully. They make us think we'll get a glossy pink with a touch of peach when in reality it is a more in your face almost neon pink. And it certainly isn't very glossy compared to the official pictures. It was a bit of a disappointment at first but I've learned to appreciate the real color.

~ * ~


I knew going in that Freya's bands are infamous for being on the loose side but I wanted this bra so much I went ahead with a 30 anyway. Of course, it's all wrong for me. I had to attach it on the tightest hook from the first and it was still too loose. So I only wear this bra with a Rixie clip.

The straps are fully adjustable and that's always a plus. They don't tend to want to fall down so they're not too widely set for me either.

~ * ~


The cups are a little wonky for me when I'm not wearing the bra with the Rixie clip. My breasts are a bit too separate for the Ashlee and when the bra is not fastened tightly enough, there's a bit of gaping on either side of the gore.

It's not the only thing that's wonky about the cups but the issue I'm going to introduce now has nothing to do with the tightness of the band. The cups are pointy on the outside and they leave a bit of a gap at the top. You can kind of see it in my first and last pictures (view from the front and view from the side). But it's something that turned into a positive thing for me: it makes my breasts appear a bit more voluminous on the outside under my clothes and my silhouette is more balanced as a result (I have voluminous thighs and butt and a narrow torso)

~ * ~

You can see the gap thing I mentioned just above

Great shape from the side: uplifted and nicely rounded. Just the way I like it.

The wires feel comfortable.

~ * ~

Bottoms



I originally wanted to get the shorts but the Ebay seller I bought the bra from only had the high-waisted briefs so I went with that instead. I always try to save on shipping costs when I can since I live in France and mostly order from the UK.

I chose a size 12 and they fit perfectly. They almost look like shorts once you put them on too. They're super comfy and don't show under tight pants.

~ * ~

Verdict

The Ashlee in 30E doesn't fit me too well but I love the shape it gives me so much that I can't bring myself to part from it. It was because I was determined to wear it that I decided to buy a Rixie clip and I'm very happy with my purchase.

I'll retire the Ashlee as a "House Bra" when I can finally get my hands on a Deco half-cup in 28F (or maybe 28FF since it doesn't seem to run very big in the cup). I do not want to buy the Black and Beige continuity colors so I'm hoping for something good from Freya for the Spring / Summer 2014 collection. In other words, I 'm crossing fingers the upcomming Cobalt Deco will be available in a half-cup!





No comments:

Post a Comment