4.9.13

CLEO ~ Meg in Bird Print 28F


I came too late to the party when it comes to a lot of lines that I now lust after but the Cleo Meg wasn't an unlucky casualty of this. I remember quite clearly browsing through websites and seeing it in my size. But at the time, I didn't find it very attractive and had no interest in it. When I finally woke up to its gorgeousness, it was all gone in my size. But I was lucky enough to find a used one for sale on Bratabase.




The Cleo Meg is the best not-quite-fitting bra I own. I put it in the "not-quite-fitting" category because it's made for someone more heavy on top than I am. It's clear even in this front view shot that there's some gaping going on at the top of the cup of my smaller breast (my left one). But this slight gaping doesn't compromise its support or the way it looks under clothing. 

So I'm extremely happy to keep it. The print is gorgeous. I can't believe I didn't find it attractive the first time I saw it in pictures. I wish Cleo would make bras in more prints of this type instead of going with dots or other prints that are not as elegant as this one.



Band is very true-to-size and perfectly snug and comfy on the first hook.

To reduce the gaping of the left cup, I have to shorten the left strap quite a bit more than the right one. It's the first time I have to do this to that extent but it works for me.

Placement is good and they're fully adjustable.

I love the red accents! It goes so well with the midnight blue and it gives the bra a little something extra.



View from the top. The gaping going on at the top of the cups is on the inside. The cups are filled perfectly on the outside. It's very slight and honestly not a problem at all. 




The profile is kind of strange in pictures. It looks exactly like what I read a blogger describe as a "flat shelf look" on top. But it looks quite nice and pleasing under clothing. And the uplift is great!



And this angle shot shows that the shape it gives is not bad at all. It's lifted and rounded like the shape I get from my other Cleos. And I love it. Cleo is the only brand I've tried that gives my that rounded shape in unpadded balconnettes.




Close-up. I really like that tiny little bird and its red bow. I'm usually not a fan of prints but this one, with its oriental feel, is not at all in-your-face. It's both elegant and fun.


~ * ~

Bottoms


Fun fact: the Bratabase user I bought the bra from lives in the US and the bra arrived quite a few days before the shorts that came from the UK. Yay for USPS!

I ordered my usual Cleo size when it comes to bottoms: a UK 12. A 10 would probably fit as well if I was desperate but I get less panty lines with a 12. 

I must say that I find bottoms to be Cleo's weak point. I feel that their bras really "get me" but their bottoms are not very flattering for curvy derrières. The cut is weird compared to bottoms from other brands like Freya or Curvy Kate. They're pretty and match the bras but Cleo could certainly work on the fit (more coverage!), especially since most of their shorts seem to basically have the same cut, even across different lines.


~ * ~

Verdict

Keeper, even with the slight gaping at the top of the cups. 










2 comments:

  1. I own the Cleo Meg in Birdprint too. I must say you are right, it makes a great uplift and the profile is a bit flat shelf look. It's one of my favorite bras. I don't know why and the uplift is not the look what I want. But it fits great.
    Much more better is Cleo Melissa. I started wear bras, when I was sure it gives me support and I didn't want a surgery. Firstly I started wear bra-tops for running but the support was not good and my boobs bouncing still. Later I started wore bras daily and so my neck pain disappears. I know it's not a normal case, when men wear bra. But today I know it was a right decision for me.
    I hope you enjoy your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Cleo Meg in Bird print has a way of sneakign into your favorite bras even when the fit is not perfect. There's just something about it... It's both cute, elegant and sexy.

      Delete