5.1.14

Boob Shrinkage



2013 was a big year for me for many reasons. One of them is weight loss. I'd decided to take myself in hand and now, a year later, I'm happy to say I've reached my goal and more.

But that "more" is wreaking havoc on my bra collection!


I lost weight slowly but surely and when I was within reach  of my goal (just a couple of kilos off), I was a 28F. Had been for quite a few months actually. So I thought I was "safe" and that I wouldn't lose anything more up top.

Of course, I was wrong. I  reached my goal, but then lost a bit more weight without trying to and even without realizing it at first. I started noticing my bras were giving me less cleavage but I was in denial about the whole thing. 

The wake-up call came from the poor, unsuspecting Panache Alice bra. I'd been lusting after it for quite a few months and when I saw it pop up on Ebay for pretty cheap in a 28F, I went ahead and ordered it.

I was swimming in it. You could have sent a search and rescue team in there to find my poor breasts. I saw too late that it supposedly ran big in the cup but that doesn't account for the whole mess. It truly brought home the fact that I was officially a 28E and that I could say goodbye to F cups.

I admit it was a bit of a blow. I was never very busty in the first place but I was pretty happy with my 28F. That's vanity for you. I've got to get used to my new, definitely not busty self. Which won't be too hard because I do like the new "me". It's just a different "me" I'd imagined.

But that means I have to have a complete bra overhaul... again. My wallet isn't going to like this at all!

~ * ~

So, things as they stand:

*Curvy Kate Tease Me Cherry/Blush --> 28E found online after much searching. 28F looking for a new home on Bratabase has found a new home. Have a 30DD (Pink/Ivory) and a 32D (Black/Silver) that I will keep because I only wear them on special occasions ( plus they're too old to find a new home).

*Cleo Lucy Neon Orange --> 28E arrived this week. Fits perfectly. 28F looking for a new home on Bratabase.

*Cleo Meg Bird Print --> 28DD arrived this week. Couldn't find a 28E but my 28F seemed to run so big at the top of the cup that I took a chance on the 28DD. Fits pretty good but leaves 0 room for weight gain. Need to keep looking for a 28E just in case. 28F looking for a new home on Bratabase has found a new home.

*Panache Sport Bra --> 28E found on Ebay for 20€. 28F will be looking for a new home on Bratabase as soon as I can buy a second 28E. You really need two of these.

*Masquerade Rhea Antique Ice --> Suitable replacement not found. There are a few 28Es available on the net but they're only in the regular Black or Antique Beige colorways and I'm not too fond of them. I'm a bit sad because I really love the Rhea. It's a bra I really want in my rotation. Might cave in and buy in beige when I'm in funds.

*Masquerade Delphi Black/Silver --> 28F looking for a new home on Bratabase.

*Freya Deco Strapless Beige --> 28E still in my rotation (haven't worn it in weeks though) but need a 28DD asap.

*Freya Ashlee Half-Cup Sorbet --> 28F still in my rotation and will stay. Freya seems to have given up on providing us with half-cup versions of the Deco that are not black or beige so I'm hanging on to that one until the end. Have a 30E that will need to find a new home though. I can't justify having 2 of them now that the smallest one is a bit too big.

~ * ~

From a financial point of view, I would have loved to wait until I'd sold/exchanged my (still almost new) 28Fs before starting my collection overhaul, but it just wasn't practical. When I got over my denial period, I was chomping at the bit to get new bras. Once you've worn a proper fitting bra, you can never go back.

Coming up: reviews of the Beaujais Sweet Nothings & Parfait Charlotte, both in 28E. I've had the Beaujais bra for a few weeks already so the review will be up soon but I've only just ordered the Charlotte (with some misgivings as to the cup-size since it famously runs small in the cup) so it will be a little while before I receive it.




2 comments:

  1. The Rhea in Antique 'beige' is gorgeous, actually. It's not your typical beige at all, but more of a dusty old rose with some gold thrown in. Very versatile and definitely not 'boring' as beige bras can often be :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, your comment might make me cave in even faster ^^ I was pretty disappointed when I didn't see a Rhea in a new color for the SS2014 collection and wondered if Panache Masquerade had given up on seasonal colors for it. I will look into the beige more closely.

      Delete